GI – Questionnaire Responses – UNM Feminism in Action Class
- I don’t consider myself a writer though I love reading what others have written. I am interested in writing because it is an outlet and mean of expression that is always available and can be as private or public as desired. I also have a tendency to have a loose mouth thus writing is a way for me evaluate what I am communicating before it can cause damage or be misinterpreted.
- I like to write about what is happening in my relationships with those that I love, my community, and the world. I like to write in a reactionary and raw way, then come back and evaluate it when I am in a different mood or position.
- I am interested in the way that writing can capture exactly what you are feeling in that point in time, and it can later be reflected upon. I also love that writing can be a way of communicating things that cannot come out of your mouth for whatever reason.
- I am nervous about the vulnerability that presenting my work will give me, however I am excited for the challenge. I am excited to be a supportive and gentle person in someone else’s life.
- I would like to learn how to have my own voice in poetry.
- I hope to learn that I am capable of being honest and vulnerable and allowing others to do the same in my presence.
- I think I will learn that I can relate to people more than I might expect.
- I am 22, I am white, and I am participating from UNM.